Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Planning Thursday

Thursday has traditionally taken on the role of my planning day.  By this point I know what I did and did not cover and have a pretty good idea of what I want to do for next week.  Although I haven't collected my planning sheets from all my teachers yet, I can at least start sitting down and creating a rough sketch of what the next week will look like.  So I decided, why not start devoting my Thursday posts to planning.  This week the focus in on co-planning.

Thursday is also the day that I sit down with my 6th grade team to plan our co-taught lessons for the next week.  Over the years, we have developed a form so that we are both aware of what we are teaching and who is responsible for each part of the lesson.  Because of this we are now more prepared, and in my opinion the lessons are far more effective.


You can get a copy of my planning sheet hereI hope you find it as useful as I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment